Typical Motivation for Starting Case File Scanning Process.
Do any of the following apply to you. If so, you are probably ready to start enjoying the benefits of having your backfile and on-going case files scanned.
- Do you spend too much time retrieving case files?
- Do you need an electronic OCR'd version of the case file in order to complete the proper review of case file information?
- Do you have files that more than lawyer or paralegal needs to review at one time?
- Do you have case files that need to be viewed while your law staff is out of town?
- Do some of your legal files get lost? Files stored in a central location and that are reviewed periodically have a great chance of being mis-filed or never refilled. The result is that it takes a great amount of time to find such files.
- Do you need more immediate access to files? Is the amount of time it takes to retrieve a file from the file room simply too long? Do you need instant access to the files? Is immediate customer service becoming extremely important?
- Are you running out of space for the hard copy legal files? Are you looking at the costs of special filing systems, such as rolling files? Are you looking at the costs of acquiring more office space for file storage?
- Do you feel a need to reduce your overall costs associated with storing, retrieving, refilling and the safety and security of your documents?
- Are your files safe in their current storage location? Do your current storage methods comply with the various privacy laws such as HIPAA or GLB or Facta?
- If you had a disaster such as a hurricane, flood or fire, are your case files protected?